Add to cart
We just won the Gelett Burgess award!
Got Another minute? We have a mystery for you!
The mysteries are back! One Minute Mysteries: 65 More Short Mysteries You Solve With Science! continues the fun. These mysteries have a clever twist—you have to be a super sleuth, tapping into your science wisdom and critical thinking skills to solve them. Each story takes just one minute to read and challenges your knowledge in a variety of science disciplines.
These brainteasers keep you engaged and eager to learn more! Written by the same father-daughter team that brought you the award-winning 65 Short Mysteries You Solve With Math!, this entertaining and educational book is great for kids, grown-ups, educators and anyone who loves good mysteries, good science, or both!
"With the Common Core Standards requiring reading and writing across the subject areas, this book is perfect."
- Library Media Connection, Recommended
"This book contains engaging, multi–cultural and educational mysteries, it would be a perfect treat in any science or reading classroom.”
-David Tumbarello,Project Manger in the Department of Family Medicine
** Oops! A design error left us with a missing page in the Index on the 2nd edition. Here's the complete index.**
- Homeschoolers love our new book! See their reviews.
- Science Books and Films
- NSTA Recommended! Read the review
- Book Reviews
- Blog Review
Get the scoop on this book
- Have fun with the new Science, Naturally Activity Sheet! Full of mysteries, quizzes and puzzles.
- Check out the Condensation which includes reviews, Table of Contents, and several mysteries from the book.
- See the awards
- Sample Mysteries
- A winning title on the NSTA Outstanding Science Trade Book for Students K-12 list.
- Book of the Year Press Release
- Press Release on Natalie Yoder's feature on Girl Scouts Studio!
- Press Release on 65 More Short Mysteries You Solve With Science!
- Listen to the recording of Eric and Natalie as guests on NPR's Science Friday with Ira Flatow!
Awards and Accolades
- CBC-NSTA Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K-12 List
- Book of the Year, Creative Child Magazine
- NSTA Recommends
- Seal of Approval, Young Voices Foundation
- Finalist, USA Best Books Award
- Recommended by Science Books and Films
- Featured on NPR's Science Friday
Eric Yoder and Natalie Yoder, January 2013
Grade Level: 4-8
Guided Reading Level: M-Z
5.5” x 8.5”, 192 pages,
Paperback ISBN 13: 978-1-938492-00-6
E-Book ISBN 13: 978-1-938492-01-3
About the Authors
Eric Yoder is a writer and editor who has been published in a variety of magazines, newspapers, newsletters and online publications on science, government, law, business, sports and other topics. He has contributed to or edited numerous books, mainly in the areas of employee benefits and financial planning. A reporter at The Washington Post who also does freelance writing and editing, he was a member of the Advisory Committee for Science, Naturally’s 101 Things Everyone Should Know About Science. He and his wife Patti have two daughters, Natalie and Valerie. Eric can be reached at Eric@ScienceNaturally.com
Natalie Yoder is a college student whose favorite subjects include psychology, science, and photography. A sports enthusiast, she participates in gymnastics, field hockey, diving, soccer, and track. She also enjoys writing, being with friends and family, and listening to music. She has been interviewed several times, along with her father, on National Public Radio to talk about their work on their One Minute Mysteries series: 65 Short Stories You Solve With Science! and 65 Short Mysteries You Solve With Math! She looks forward to writing more books. She is thinking about studying for careers in oceanography or photography. She can be reached at Natalie@ScienceNaturally.com